So the other day I had a dear friend of mine who values my makeup insight ask me to do a story about how to wear white eyeliner. I jumped at the opportunity because many of us have heard of the technique but do we really know how to apply it properly? Read on and after you find out all of its benefits, I’m sure that you’ll run to your nearest store to purchase a white liner:
White eyeliner can help make your eyes brighter, bigger and dazzling if you know how to use it well. You have seen top celebrities looking super fabulous in this eyeliner color. Who said you cannot look good too? But before you purchase, there are some tricks to mastering the perfect white eye and we will take a look at them:
1. As a Conventional Eyeliner
If you have an Oriental eye-shape type or deep-set eyes white liner can help transform their looks into a bigger bolder eye. If you are really looking to make a dramatic statement, you could apply white liner on the lash line but I would only recommend this technique if you are an expert in blending white liner with other colored liners.
2. Inner Corner Highlighting
For an awake look, you can use it in your inner eye corners as opposed to other highlighter shades we use. Using white eye liners in this way will brighten your eyes, and make them look much wider. To apply it, make a V on your inner eye corners using this eyeliner and smudge it or blend it with your other eyeliner color whether it be black or brown.
3. White Eyeliner on Water line or Highlighting Eye waterline
Apply eyeliner on the inner waterline to make your eyes to look much bigger, if you have small eyes. This is suited for people who have small eyes and they want them to appear bigger. People who have big eyes should not use the it on their inner lash lines. Their eyes will look bigger and droopy.
4. Know your eye-shape
If you have close-set eyes, you would do better with white liner around the inner corners. This is when the distance between the two eyes is smaller than the width of one eye
People with wide-set eyes should use white liner on their outer corners to bring their eyes a little closer. Make sure you smudge and blend the line you create.
5. Things to avoid
- Avoid using white liner on your lash lines without finishing it off with black eyeliner closer to your lash lines.
- Avoid thick white lines around your entire eyes unless you know the techniques to use as this could make you look like a ghost!
- Avoid using too much white liner on your inner lash line as the excess might gather at your eye corners after some time and then you will walk around with a big clump of white paste in the corners of your eyes.
6. Other options to white liners
For those gals that don’t feel white works for them or your skin tone, you may opt for silver, pearly off white, gold, or a taupe eyeliner while still getting the same benefits to using a white liner.
Would you wear white eyeliner?