Recently the BET Awards aired and it was a red carpet xtravaganza with concert status performances from some of the top music artist but one performer in particular seemed to grab the attention of the ever critical fashion critics and it wasn’t for dress. Rihanna’s nails has sparked a huge discussion in the fashion industry questioning if she is bringing the French Manicuretry questioning if she is bringing the French manicure back in style.
Rihanna’s fab french manicure was done by celebrity manicurist Kimmie Kyees, who created the look using Red Carpet Manicure Candid Moment Nail Lacquer. Kimmie explained how to copy Rihanna’s look:
1. Prep nails by filing, buffing and pushing back the cuticle.
2. Apply a base coat (she used Clingy Base Coat) and start by painting a stripe down the center of the nail, then two more stripes on either side.
3. Fill in the entire nail using smooth, even strokes. Allow to dry.
4. Next, she lightly brushed Red Carpet Manicure Candid Moment onto the tips of the nail, making a frowny-face shape with the polish. You can use nail guides (included in the Red Carpet Manicure French Manicure Kit) if you’re unsure about doing it freehand.
5. Finally, Kimmie sealed in the look with Red Carpet Manicure.
So what do you think? Is Rihanna’s name big enough to make the signature nail of the Jersey Shore come back into fashion?