I am not a big cook, but I love collecting great recipes. I grab them from the grocery store, magazines, and anywhere else that I see them. I am a recipe non-cooking collector. I even belong to a food junkie group on Facebook where all you do is share recipes. So I was going through my myriad of recipe pages
and I had the great idea. I would organize them! I could separate them according to meals i.e. breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then I could make sub-categories within each section for sandwiches, salads, etc. So off to Pinterest I went and found a post from Making It In The Mitten. She so graciously provided the organizationally challenged with FREE templates! Score right click here for the templates .
Since I have an abundance of recipes, I am going to start sharing them with you. Today’s recipe is the best. Blueberry and Yogurt Pancakes…anybody else love pancakes. You can really create some unique ideas to prepare them just by mixing up the ingredients.
This awesome recipe originally came from a lady named Amanda. That is all the info provided on the recipe.
1. Round up your ingredients
- add 1 TBSP of oil to a bowl. This will be mixed with the other ingredients.
2. Add the egg to the bowl with the oil and add the entire cup of yogurt.
3. Mix well until smooth
4. Add your dry ingredients into a separate large mixing bowl. Add cinnamon to taste. Toss in the blueberries and continue to mix well. (2 cups self-rising flour)
6. Now you are ready to cook. Add oil to the skillet or you can use butter. Just make sure the you grease the entire pan.
- make sure you put the burner on low setting.
7. Your thick mixture will seem thicker due to the yogurt and self rising flour. Add a few spoonfuls to the pan.
8. Give the cook time about a minute then flip it over and cook until it looks brown or however you like your cakes.
9. Plate your tasty cakes and enjoy the SAVORY taste with ZERO added sugars.
- you can add a WOW factor by topping them with sliced bananas instead of syrup.