Welcome to the first edition of Self-Improvement Sunday:
Detox teas are all the rage with fitness buffs as well as dieters. With so many choices out there how do you know which ones really work? I mean they aren’t cheap so you really need to understand what you are getting. Here is a guide to making your choice of teas and then I will share my experience.
Purpose- why should we drink detox teas?
- the liver is a vital organ in cleansing your body of toxins and pollutants. A poor functioning liver could cause major health issues. Including but not limited to hormonal imbalances, cirrhosis of the liver, and an increased risk for cancer. So if your liver isn’t detoxifying properly it will become clogged. A good detox tea could help your liver eliminate the harmful agents.
Methods- what other methods are there besides drinking detox tea?
- According to Jackson Blatner, the best detoxification plans follow a pattern of eating fruits,vegetables and whole grains that are fresh, raw and organic, while eliminating sugar, caffeine, fats, refined carbohydrates and other toxic substances. So if you are planning on detoxing the right way, you should not be detoxing and eating fries, milkshakes and other fatty foods. Be committed to the process even if you just decide to detox for a specific amount of time. Give your body the break from the norm to rebuild and be healthy.
Digestion- how do the teas help you do this better?
- Most detox tea systems have ingredients that encourage elimination by getting into the digestive track and cleaning it out. A good detox tea will come in loose leaves and will need to be steeped. If it is in a tea bag, you may not want to use it. Your tea should look like this before being steeped:
Weight Loss-can you lose weight while detoxing?
- Have you tried diet after diet and most of them result in some weight loss but then you return to the previous weight within a matter of a short time? Well your lack of success could be due to your body being full of toxins. This makes your body have to work overtime because it’s already trying to clear out the guck from your liver and now you want to throw healthy eating in on top of that. Your body has to make a choice and it will without a doubt decide to clean out your liver hence, you don’t lose weight.
- incorporating a detoxing regiment along with a healthy diet will produce some amazing results that your body will love you for.
~~ Ok so now you understand the benefits of drinking detox tea, now onto my experience with detox teas. My choice of tea is Flat Tummy Tea http://flattummytea.com/
I’ve been drinking the tea since Monday and I’ve lost 5.7 llbs! I don’t feel as bloated and it has definitely helped in elimination (TMI, I’m sorry). I can already see a difference in my stomach and I look forward to the end result. I did purchase the 4 week pack and I am following a healthy diet. I would show you a before picture, but
I would rather not do so at the moment because I want to see my end result first. So here is a review video on flat tummy tea by Ambre Renee a You Tuber that I follow: She sold me on it.
What You Get & What It Does
- Drink in the mornings with breakfast
- Speed your metabolism
- Reduce your bloating
- Suppress your appetite
- Charge your immune system
- Boost your energy
- Drink every couple of nights
- Detoxify your system
- Reduce your bloating
- Decrease your water retention
- Cleanse your digestive system
- The two week pack cost $32
- The four week pack cost $46
How many of you are using a detox tea? What brand do you use?