I have always wanted to post my “Empties.” I connect with some really cool new products every time I watch a Youtube video on empties. Now obviously if something that I use is empty, I either really must have liked it or I spent so much for it that I was determined to get my money’s worth. Sort of like when you were little and your mom told you to eat ALL of your veggies! We hated the taste, but we couldn’t get dessert until those veggies had disappeared off of our plates.
With that being said, these empties were not my veggies, they were my loves for the month and ones that I have since repurchased.
- SheaMoisture’s Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist- This stuff is great for thick, curly hair. It hydrates and tames frizz while still providing a soft hold. Creates brilliant shine and curl control. A must have item for any woman with naturally curly hair that doesn’t like to do wash-n-goes everyday. I spray it on my hair every morning, shake…shake…shake and my hair has the moisture it needs for the day. Walgreens and CVS frequently have BOGO sales on this line so watch for it. Retails for $10.99.
- Loreal’s Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream- An all-in-one skin BB cream, with beautifying beads with encapsulated pigments infused in an ultra-light lotion with antioxidants Vitamins C&E. This mullti-tasking skin beautifier delivers 4 beautifying actions in 1: hydrates, corrects, evens and perfects. Instantly transforms to your perfect shade for a flawless, bare skin finish. Over time, more beautiful skin. I love this stuff, the coverage is so flawless that sometimes I forget to apply my foundation because my skin looks so good. I have tried many primers and most are too oily, but this one is more like a cream so the coverage is like a moisturizer. Comes in 4 shades and retails for approx. $11
- Mac’s Studio Fix Fluid SPF15-A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium, buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15 protection. Applies, builds and blends easily. This foundation is long-wearing and very full coverage. Retails for $27. Although I love this product, I am contemplating purchasing Loreal’s Infallible Pro-Matte foundation which is a favorite discussed by popular Youtuber: Desi Perkins in her recent Haul Chit Chat tutorial.
- Mac’s Brow Set-A brush-on gel that strokes brows into shape. Adds shine and style. This gel makes your brows sit like a statue. Trust me, they will NOT move, not even for your bang. Comes in tinted or clear. Also grooms lashes, sideburns and facial hair. Retails for $17.
- Neutrogena’s Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes – for those days you feel like ⇓
when its time to remove the makeup. These wipes effectively dissolve all traces of dirt, oil and makeup, even waterproof mascara in one easy step. With one step, it leaves skin thoroughly clean with no heavy residue, so there’s no need to rinse. And it’s gentle enough to use around the sensitive eye area, even for contact lens wearers. Make your skin make-up free the easy way. This affordable 25-pack retails for $6.50.
- Neutrogena’s Microdermabrasion System Puff Refills-For softer, more luminous skin today and firmer, younger-looking skin over time, Neutrogena® Microdermabrasion System Puff Refills deliver noticeable results every time you use them. These 24 refills that retail for $14, must be paired with Neutrogena’s Microdermabrasion System applicator-
and retails for $20. A dermatologist clinical study showed that the Microdermabrasion System helped reduce multiple signs of aging:
91% had smoother, more luminous skin instantly
88% had visible improvement in the look of fine lines after 1 week
88% had significantly reduced appearance of wrinkles or age spots after 4 weeks
72% had substantially firmer-looking skin after 8 weeks
- Wet n Wild’s Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer- This 3.4oz. tube packs a hearty punch of staying power. Many MUAs out there swear by Mac’s soft ochre paint pot and Urban Decay’s primer potion. I haven’t used either, but I do know that this stuff: Retails for $5
- Lasts all day
- Never creases
- Not tested on animals
Youtuber Vanessaanne00 did a comparison with Wet n Wild and Urban Decay’s primer potion. Check it out to see which one was better.
- BH Cosmetic’s Liquid Liner- Easy-to-use and quick drying, this highly-pigmented liquid eyeliner has a perfectly thin tip to achieve precise application. Go winged liner!! This long-lasting formula is smudge-proof so it’ll outlast even the longest of days. What’s the best is it only costs $4. Comes in three colors: black, purple, and brown. Just what a girl needs in her life.
So there you have it, my empties and do-overs for May. The only item I have not repurchased is the Mac Studio Fix Foundation, but hopefully I will decide by the time I finish scrapping the bottom of the bottle.
What are your this month’s empties and do-overs?